A Tragic Tragedy to a Euphoric Escapade

This is the worst and the best. *yaarggh*

I never thought of going through such hellish disaster – BCE SP! If not for a rather favorable-for-me reason, I wouldn’t be enduring the elbow-to-elbow scenario I had been experiencing since the first day of the scholarship application. According to former scholars, it was not that difficult to apply for the scholarship but as it popularize for the help it had already given, more and more students that may include me, began flocking in the very confined space near the office.

We had gone back and forth a gugilion times and always ending up dismayed, up to the extent that self-pity thoughts had already filled up my sanity. I mean, why would I torture my self? It was very very unreasonable and non-systematic. At the crack of dawn, magically, you wouldn’t find me comfortably meditating on unconsciousness on my panda-bed anymore. Cruelty coupled with financial scantiness is a real crazy combination that would lead anybody anywhere he/she wanted to be. It’s a tough.. veeeryy tough offensive foundation to assassinate whoever comes on our way. *yaarggh* O well, that’s a bit of an exaggeration. But we did struggle hard up to the last minute. The overnight thing must not be trashed. I almost got myself killed that time – hallucinations and weird imaginations – whatever.

Determination was present since Day 1 (May 29, 2008)… I got up lazily, most probably, from the wrong side of the bed. ^_^ Groggy with my witchy hair-do, I fixed my seemingly ransacked beddings. I just took a sip of milo, got my self dressed up and I was green-to-go. We got there at around 6am only to find out that we are already signing for the numbers 200+. Down and hopeless, we still stood there for some more decades for further announcements and again, just to be informed that… tadah! 150 is the cut-off. Great! Just great.

Honestly, I never really intended to use it for my education, although reasons, HUGE reasons had popped out for me to do so. And so, coerced to have this pushed through, there’s no more turning back. Saturday is rest day and Sunday is up for another struggle. Still having second thoughts for backing out, my mom asked me for the last time (i suppose) if I still want to go on with it. With “Mr. HUGE reason” bugging my whole being, I just said, I do. I txted Jake (around 7pm) to let him know that I want to come. With his nerve-wracking reply that 115 (Abby) was the last number – no more thinking twice – I called up Aina to tag her along. Take this down, I never dressed up that fast; never walked that fast; never gone 1km away from home without taking a bath. Right. I stink. When we finally got there, I never felt more relieved in my life. Lucky number is 130.

Clock strikes 9:20pm and I readily feel clammy all over my system. Leaving Jake and Aina back there – sitting, slouching and maneuvering all the positions they could ever think of on the hard & cold semi-tiled floor, Abby and I went back home to have a cold, refreshing shower. We got back at 10:10pm, energy level? Still in the mid. And I lasted the whole night watching faces of hopeful scholars with eye-bags. I got one hell of an eye-bag too. Concealers would make no effect, really. ^_^

Sunset is here. Rise and shine. We need JUSTICE.

As 8 o’clock gets nearer, more and more students swarm the whole area. After the 12-hour-hiatus, it was downright disappointing to hear the announcement that those who signed last Friday would be considered that day. I can already see everything crumbling down as they were entertaining those fortunate late-comers who fortunately signed on that fortunate stupid paper! If only I could torn that paper right in front of their faces!! Grrrr..

Once again, down & troubled, hopeless and completely miserable, I can hear my gut burbling. This is one hell of a flatulation (just look it up). Jake, Aina and I went to the nearest fast food chain to grab our early lunch. *burp* My stomach started talking ramblingly again. Shhh..

When we got back, Abby The Ultimate MASA (Masandal-Tulog) decided to go home and sleep leaving us three with nothing but upset stomachs. I already txted my mom that I won’t go home without anything but stress. I’ve had enough. 10 minutes later. “Uyy, may pinagkakagukuhan!” Of course, we ran. And ran. And ran towards the entrance of the City Hall and up to the 6th floor. At first, I though it was a BCE-version of The Amazing Race but on the second thought, it was more of the Scavenger Hunt. It sucks. All I am hearing was indistinct noises and hyperventilations. What a perfect exercise. Crap.

After that, onwards was heaven. Good news came flooding in. Everybody would be scheduled for application so as to be more systematized and most especially, we had.. FREE Food! Woohoo..

Lessons we had? It pays to be patient. Daig ng maagap ang masikap. Di bale ng may kabag basta skolar. ‘Pag may tiyaga, may BURGER! ^_^

It’s my eldest sister’s birthday yesterday (June 02). Anyways, we were scheduled to go back at 4 that afternoon to have our requirements submitted. We did. Aina cried for loosing her patience and some weight as well for running from ICC to the City Hall. Good job!

It paid off.

(#3 has been meddling in my life lately.)



One response to this post.

  1. Posted by arcee on June 4, 2008 at 10:01 am

    mr. HUGE reason??

    bkt di mo sinasv?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: